Years ago, when I was recovering from illness and major surgery, and passings of loved ones, the Easter Story gave me hope. And more so all the time.
I remember thinking one day, “If life reverses, then life can reverse again.”
Simple meals and errands fill me with joy.
Ellen Grace Olinger
April 7, 2017
bowed to the ground
covered with new leaves
my notebook of prayers
on different roads
these trees are taller
I remember places
that only exist in photos
and memories now
These days I am posting at Easter And Spring Poetry.
28. We bought smoked salmon for the family Christmas party, at Ewig’s (Port Washington).
29. Cod at Judi’s Place for an early lunch
30. Emails, cards, today, this week, comments & likes – my cup runneth over
31. Lavender soap
32. Winter Come Gently – CD by Amy Shreve
33. Sun in my soul in the sunroom
34. Days getting longer
35. Christmas cactus flower
36. Oatmeal with low-fat eggnog
37. Blog themes, backgrounds, widgets
38. Supportive friends
39. Letter from family
40. The light is passed from one blog to another.
41. Art & friendship give me life everyday.
42. Quiet memories – acceptance
44. Four generations
45. Able to offer work for a contest & publication – as well as my dearly loved blogs!
46. Wreath & greens from Karl
47. Downstairs – Karl decorated with lights – greens around the patio door & mantle
48. Reading Ann Voskamp
49. Fragrance of evergreens
December 25, 2012
Poems From Psalms And Nature is my second blog. I pray the Psalms often.
My first post there was on July 18, 2010.
“Be still, and know that I am God” Psalm 46: 10a (KJV).
Beginning with this post, I’ll reprint several blessings at a time from my handwritten journals.
20. Lovely blog conversations
21. Decaff coffee
22. We all offer inspiration.
23. Poems will be in the Winter Time Of Singing (TOS). Email from the editor, Lora Homan Zill.
24. Grateful for Charles A. Waugaman, who was editor when I began with TOS, and the books we published – also with Lora and many poets/artists.
25. Wrote a new poem.
26. Sun is shining, storm is over – we didn’t lose power at all.
27. Reading the Psalms – my study – so cozy – art and friendship